How to Tie a Green Tarpon Toad

The tarpon toad is undoubtedly the favorite of tarpon fishers these days. Green or chartreuse is the preferred color.

If you would like to fly fish for tarpon with a Green Tarpon Toad. Captain Matt has some dates available during the best months. Check out his website: www.RipLips.com and see why you need to go fishing with Captain Matt when you decide it is time to go tarpon fishing

I like to tie this fly on a Gamakatsu SL12S, 1/0 or 2/0. On the video, be sure to take notice of the way I prepare my materials before hand. This video is about 3 minutes long.

Snarfle guards and weed guards are are a must. I use the same snarfle guard method for every fly that I can. I like to use 20# flouro for the weed guard.

Consider the idea that a minimum of well placed wraps with your thread is stronger than too many "filling wraps"...

Good Luck! I trust you will catch many big tarpon with your new, well tied, Chartreuse Tarpon Toad.



My computer was slow, now it is fast!
#1 RegCure: Error Fix and Optimizer
Click Here!

Start and manage your own photography business. Click Here!

Plans to build your own dory boat Click Here!


No comments: